Philip A. Lapp, CPA
Phil’s career has been focused on business and personal tax planning and compliance, as well as structuring of transactions and entities. He works with owner-operated as well as investor-owned businesses and their broader tax planning needs. His industry focus has been primarily in manufacturing, distribution, solar development, and professional services. His client service approach is big picture tax structuring for longer term client success and goals. As a managing partner, Phil is responsible for the operations of the firm and leading on people development initiatives.
Phil earned his Bachelor’s degree in Religion and Philosophy from Goshen College in Goshen, Indiana. He completed his accounting studies at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon. Phil has continued learning through continuing education programs at the Harvard Business School, The Center for Creative Leadership, and the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University. Phil’s current learning focus is on organizational health and coaching.
Phil is treasurer and on the board of The Sharon Academy, a private secondary school. In the past he has served as chair of the board of the Hanover Area Chamber of Commerce, as the treasurer of Delta Dental of Vermont, treasurer for Willing Hands in Norwich, Vermont, and as the chair of the board of the Bethany Birches Children’s Camp in Plymouth, Vermont.
Phil resides in Sharon, Vermont, with his wife and two children.
- Bachelor’s degree in Religion and Philosophy from Goshen College in Goshen, Indiana
- Treasurer and on the board of The Sharon Academy, a private secondary school
- In the past, he has served as:
- Chair of the board of the Hanover Area Chamber of Commerce
- Treasurer of Delta Dental of Vermont
- Treasurer for Willing Hands in Norwich, Vermont
- Chair of the board of the Bethany Birches Children’s Camp in Plymouth, Vermont