Upcoming COVID-19 Webinars
We wish to keep our networks informed of resources that may be of use. To this end, we offer the following list of upcoming webinars on COVID-19 topics, and links to recordings of previously held webcasts:
RSM US LLP:
- 4/29 (4:00-5:00 PM) Insight During Uncertainty: A weekly series, held on Wednesdays, that explores the economic impact from this pandemic, how organizations can prepare for the future, and mitigate risk. Click here to register.
- 5/7 (1:00-2:00 PM) Evolution of Enterprise Resource Planning System Cybersecurity: Learn how adapt your security program to emerging ERP threats. Join RSM and Onapsis for a discussion on how organizations need to adapt to increasing risks to ERP systems. Learn about real world examples of vulnerabilities and attack paths that may affect your system. Discover typical organizational blind spots and ways to improve and adapt. Click here to register.
SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA):
- Recurring Event, Monday – Friday (9:00-10:00 AM)
The Vermont District SBA Office is conducting free daily webinars to discuss SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program and the Economic Injury Disaster Loan and Advance. Learn about what PPP and EIDL are, how they work, and the difference between them. Click here or join by phone (202) 765-1264, access code 470177937#.
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER (SBDC) WEBINARS:
- 5/1 (10:00 – 11:00 AM) Assistance for the PPP Application & Payroll Calculation:
Assistance for the PPP Application webinars include an overview of how to manage the payroll calculation for your business. A payroll calculation template will be available and reviewed during the webinar. Presented by Chuck Gilboy, NH SBDC business advisor. Click here to register.
- 5/4 (10:00 – 11:00 AM) Assistance for the Self-Employed – How to Determine the Best Options for COVID-19 Relief: Explore options to help you through this pandemic: PPP, unemployment, debt relief, etc. Speaker: Chuck Gilboy, SBDC business advisor. Click here to register.
VERMONT SOCIETY OF CPAs – SURGENT WEBINARS:
- 5/5 (2:00 – 4:00 PM) A Complete Guide to Paycheck Protection Program Loans: Click here to register. Alternate date, 5/13 (10:00 AM – 12:00 PM) Click here to register. Although many business owners were not able to receive initial loans through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), the additional cash infusion of $310 billion into the program means that many business owners will again be turning to their tax advisors for guidance on this process. This webinar will equip CPAs, CFPs, and other financial professionals with the knowledge they need to help their clients apply for PPP loans and to understand the circumstances under which the loans can be forgiven. CPE: 2 credits tax. Cost: $109 for members/$139 non-members.
- 4/29 (1:00 – 3:00 PM) The CARES Act: A Guide to Significant Tax Changes and Family and Sick Leave Credits: Click here to register. Alternate date, 5/6 (10:00AM – 12:00 PM) Click here to register. The CARES Act made significant changes in tax rules for 2020, and the sick leave and family leave provisions impact many employees and employers in these very challenging economic times. This program focuses on those topics and gives practitioners the tools to effectively advise both individual and business clients and implement changes as needed. Note: Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans are not discussed here but are covered in detail in a separate two-hour Surgent webinar, listed above. CPE: 2 credits tax. Cost: $109 for members/$139 non-members.
Additional COVID-19 webinars from Surgent are available here.
VT DOL VIRTUAL TOWN HALL MEETINGS:
- Recordings of previously held meetings are available, click here to access.
Gallagher, Flynn & Company, LLP